±5V Pseudo Log Audio Digital Potentiometer
DescriptionThe DS1666 Audio Taper Potentiometer is a solid-state, 128-position digital potentiometer with a pseudo-logarithmic resistor array designed to behave with analog characteristics, specifically suited to audio applications. Wiper position is controlled via a simple increment/decrement control interface.
On power-up, the wiper for the DS1666 is set to 10% of active digital taps/3% of total end-to-end resistance of the potentiometer. Taps on the lower portion of the potentiometer increment 0.25% of the total resistance within ±0.5% of the expected value. Taps on the higher portion increment 1.5% of the total resistance within ±2.0% of the expected value. The DS1666 can operate using a bipolar ±5-volt supply or single +5-volt supply.
As an electronically controlled IC, the DS1666 gives designers and users the digital advantages of more control, flexibility and accuracy, while mimicking audio taper capability. Standard IC packaging is also consistent with automated assembly processes.
- Digitally controlled, 128-position potentiometer
- Pseudo-logarithmic resistor characteristic
- Single or dual power supply operation (+5-volt or ±5-volt)
- Increment/decrement control interface
- Wiper position defaults to 3% of total potentiometer resistance on power up
- 10kΩ, 50kΩ, and 100kΩ versions
- Wide analog voltage range of ±5 volts
- Operates from 5V power supply with TTL input
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Audio Volume Control
- Mobile Phones and PDAs
- Portable Electronics
- Replacement for 7 bit Logarithmic DAC functions
- Replacement for Mechanical Potentiometers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|