A circuit that accepts signals from a transmission medium (which can be wireless or wired) and decodes or translates them into a form that can drive local circuits.
- A radio receiver that detects and demodulates the signal from the airwaves
- An ultrasonic receiver that turns ultrasound signals into electrical signals
- A line receiver that receives signals from a wire or backplane
- A standard interface receiver (e.g., USB, serial, LVDS)
- A fiber optic device that translates light pulses into electrical signals
Find a term alphabetically: