A circuit that accepts signals or data in and translates them into a form that can be sent across a medium (transmitted), usually over a distance. The medium can be wireless or wired.
- A radio transmitter that modulates the signal on a carrier and transmits it over the airwaves
- An ultrasonic transducer that sends the signal over ultrasound frequencies
- A line driver that drives a backplane
- A circuit that drives an interface (e.g., USB, serial, LVDS)
- A fiber optic device that emits light pulses
Find a term alphabetically: