SYSTEM BOARD 7380
MAXREFDES104#: Health Sensor Platform 3.0
Wearable and supporting documentation are available under NDA only.
The MAXREFDES104# is a unique evaluation and development platform in a wearable form factor that demonstrates the functions of a wide range of Maxim’s products for health-sensing applications. This third-generation health sensor platform (an advancement of the MAXREFDES101# Health Sensor Platform 2.0) integrates a two-in-one PPG + ECG analog-front-end (AFE) sensor (MAX86176), a human body temperature sensor (MAX30208), a microcontroller (MAX32666), a power-management IC (MAX20360), and a 3-axis accelerometer. The complete platform includes a 3D-printed enclosure and a biometric algorithm hub with an embedded heart-rate, oxygen saturation and ECG algorithms (MAX32670). Algorithm output and raw data can be streamed through Bluetooth™ to a PC GUI for demonstration, evaluation, and customized development.
Design files, hardware and software can be found under the Design Resources tab. The board is also available for purchase.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)
- Biopotential measurement (ECG and EEG)
- Skin temperature measurement
- Embedded heart-rate and oxygen saturation algorithms
- Motion and rotation
- Wearable form factor
What's in the Box
- Complete Assembled Wearable
- BLE USB Dongle (CY5677)
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- USB-A to Micro-USB cable
- Programmer Board (MAXDAP-USB-C)
- Wrist wearables
- Chest and abdomen wearables including patches
- Remote patient monitors
- Forehead wearables
The MAXREFDES104# is the second generation in our family of health sensor development platforms. Like the previous generation, MAXREFDES101#, the MAXREFDES104# enables quick evaluation of our portfolio of wearable products to significantly shorten the development time for custom fitness, health, and clinical applications.
The MAXREFDES104# platform includes the following key components
- Micro board: Includes the MAX32666 host microcontroller, MAX32670 algorithm hub, MAX20360 power management IC (PMIC), dual-mode Bluetooth, and flash storage
- Sensor board: Includes the MAX86176, ECG + PPG AFE, optical heart-rate sensor with three LEDs (Green, Red and IR), and three photodiodes, ECG electrodes, and 3-axis accelerometer
- Sensor board 2: Includes flex cable with the MAX30208 body temperature sensor
- 3D-printed enclosure
- BLE dongle
- Design files, hardware and software
Quick Start Guide for PC Application
Download the latest MAXREFDES104# PC GUI program MAXREFDES104SW.zip located at the MAXREFDES104# web page.
- A PC with a spare USB port for configuring and data logging
The MAXREFDES104# board is fully assembled and tested. Use the following steps below to verify proper board operation.
- Unzip the PC GUI program MAXREFDES104SW.zip to a local folder and run MAXREFDES104GUISetupV033.exe to install the program on the PC.
- Connect the BLE USB dongle (included in the kit) to the PC.
- Turn on the MAXREFDES104# device.
- Run the GUI.
- Connect the device to the GUI.
- Click on Start for collecting data with default settings.
- Complete Dual-Channel Optical-Data Acquisition System
- Ultra-Low-Power Operation for Wearable Devices
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) up to 110dB with Average (Avg) Mode and Off-Chip Filtering
- Clinical-Grade ECG AFE with High-Resolution ADC
- Very Low Input-Bias Current (-40°C to +85°C)
- Fully Differential Input Structure with CMRR > 110dB at Power-Line Frequencies
- Shutdown Current of 0.5μA (typ)
- 256-Word FIFO for ECG and PPG
- True Synchronous ECG and PPG Data from Dedicated Signal Paths
- Extend Battery-Use Time Between Battery Charging
- Easy-to-Implement Li+ Battery Charging
- Minimize Solution Footprint through High Integration
- High-Efficiency Microcontroller for Low Power, High Reliability Devices
- Flexible Clocking Schemes
- Power Management Maximizes Uptime for Battery Applications
- High Accuracy and Precision
- Low Power Consumption
- Small Size
- High-Efficiency Microcontroller and Audio DSP for Wearable and Hearable Devices
- Bluetooth 5 Low Energy Radio
- Power Management Maximizes Operating Time for Battery Applications