MAXREFDES9003 is a software reference design that demonstrates authentication of the DS28E38 DeepCover® secure ECDSA authenticator with ChipDNA™ PUF protection in an embedded Arm®-based environment. The design includes example code for ECDSA authentication of the DS28E38 with the DS2476 secure coprocessor and an Eclipse™ project that utilizes the GCC compiler and OpenOCD on-chip debugger for a fully free and open-source toolchain.
- The included project is configured for immediate use on the MAX32625MBED evaluation board, and Arm® Mbed Enabled™ devices are also supported through an alternate hardware interface. Porting the design to other processors requires only I2C master and timekeeping delay implementations.
- The DS2476 coprocessor is used to securely perform ECDSA calculations and store keys. Using the DS2476 with processors that do not provide robust hardware security is highly recommended.
- A driver for the DS2484 I2C to 1-Wire® bridge is also included to enable communication with the DS28E38 by processors that lack an integrated 1-Wire line driver.
All source code, including the authentication example and drivers for the DS28E38, DS2476, and DS2484, conforms to the ISO C++98 standard for maximum portability between compilers.
- Designed for Arm processors in bare-metal or OS environments.
- Includes project for Eclipse, GCC, and OpenOCD toolchain.
- Out-of-the-box support for the MAX32625MBED evaluation board.
- Supports Arm Mbed Enabled devices.
- Modular design enables rapid porting and integration.
- ISO C++98-compatible source code for best compiler portability.
- ECDSA P256 public-key authentication protected by ChipDNA technology.
- DS28E38 operates with a single-contact 1-Wire interface, requires no device-level firmware development, and simplifies key management.
- Intellectual property and products are protected by a solution immune to invasive/physical attacks.
Designed, Built, Tested
Board pictured here has been fully assembled and tested. Not available for sale.
Maxim Devices (4)
|Part Number||Name||Product Family||Order||Design kits and evaluation modules|
|DS28E38||DeepCover® Secure ECDSA Authenticator with ChipDNA PUF Protection||Secure Authentication||Buy Now||Design Kits|
|DS2476||DeepCover Secure Coprocessor||Secure Authentication||Buy Now||Design Kits|
|MAX32625MBED||ARM mbed Enabled Development Platform for the MAX32625||MCU - Microcontroller||Buy Now||Not Available|
|DS2484||Single-Channel 1-Wire Master with Adjustable Timing and Sleep Mode||Controllers/Expanders||Buy Now||Design Kits|
Maxim Devices (4)
|Part Number||Product Family|
DeepCover® Secure ECDSA Authenticator with ChipDNA PUF Protection
DeepCover Secure Coprocessor
MCU - Microcontroller
ARM mbed Enabled Development Platform for the MAX32625
Single-Channel 1-Wire Master with Adjustable Timing and Sleep Mode