The MAX1472 transmitter and MAX1473 receiver reference design (RD) is a self-contained evaluation platform for exercising both products as a remote keyless entry (RKE) demonstrator system. With the use of the MAXQ® USB-to-JTAG board (MAXQJTAG-USB), the MAXQ610microcontroller on both the transmitter key fob board and the receiver board can be programmed by the end user.
A simple interface is provided on the transmitter (Tx) board, including four independent momentary switches and a user feedback LED. The Tx board includes a built-in printed-circuit board (PCB) antenna and operates off of a single CR2032 coin cell battery. The receiver (Rx) board includes one momentary switch and five LED connections to the microcontroller. An SMA connector is provided for attaching various Rx antennas, allowing the user to test different designs. The receiver is powered from a pair of AAA batteries.
Both the Tx and Rx boards are usable as-is. Gerber files are available for simple cut-and-paste designs of either the radio sections or the full implementation.
- Proven PCB layout
- Proven component parts list
- Preprogrammed Tx/Rx pair for quick demonstration capabilities
- Free MAXQ microcontroller programming tools available for flexible operation
- Pull the two boards (Tx and Rx) out of box and install the CR2032 and two AAA batteries.
- Connect the Rx antenna.
- Press and hold the SW-PWR button on the Rx board for approximately 4 seconds and release the button after the LEDs blink.
- Press any button on the Tx (this will "pair" the two boards).
- Press any button on the Tx to see the matching LED light up on the Rx.
Designed, Built, Tested
Board pictured here has been fully assembled and tested. Not available for sale.
Maxim Devices (4)
|Part Number||Name||Product Family||Order||Design kits and evaluation modules|
|MAXQ610||16-Bit Microcontroller with Infrared Module||MCU - Microcontroller||Buy Now||Design Kits|
|MAX1473||315MHz/433MHz ASK Superheterodyne Receiver with Extended Dynamic Range||Wireless and RF||Buy Now||Design Kits|
|MAX1472||300MHz-to-450MHz Low-Power, Crystal-Based ASK Transmitter||Wireless and RF||Buy Now||Design Kits|
|MAX8887||Low-Dropout, 300mA Linear Regulators in SOT23||Linear Regulators (LDOs)||Buy Now||Not Available|