Maxim Is Going to the Dogs in 2020
April 1, 2019
| By: nanoMan
Guest Blogger, Maxim Integrated
It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there, and you have to adapt swiftly to survive and thrive. That’s why I was very excited to hear about Maxim’s new business focus for 2020.
During its tour of the company’s worldwide sites, the executive team was asked whether Maxim will unleash its products on any new focus markets. Not only is the answer a resounding “yes,” but the company is looking to take its efforts to reach out to new markets to a whole new level. On its recent hunt for a new long-tail opportunity, the company seems to have found the right tree to bark up: high-end canine accessories.
If happiness is a warm puppy, then Maxim is poised to have a hot year for embracing man’s best friend. The company is currently partnering with manufacturers of best-of breed products to deliver these internet of dogs (IoD) solutions:
- Gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) camera links in fenced dog runs, so nearby owners can see pets via mobile devices
- Microcontrollers, real-time clocks, and sensors that detect and dispense food and water
- Sensors that adjust temperature automatically in 2020 model dog houses
- Dynamic Speaker Management- (DSM™-) enabled speaker amplifiers to play music and calm anxious dogs
- Secure microcontrollers and EMV software for on-premise payments at dog boutiques
- Optical sensors on post-surgical cones or collars to monitor heart rate and SpO2 levels
- Power-management (PMICs) with fuel-gauge technology to measure the battery life of rechargeable collars
- USB extenders to ensure video conferencing from one dog house to another
Maxim plans to make its market debut next February at the Global Pet Expo in Orlando, Florida. I’m planning to stop by…and I sure hope they win Best in Show!
Hey, wait a minute…
These furry friends look like they’d benefit from internet of dogs (IoD) technologies.