HollySys Creates Small, Efficient Industrial Automation Solutions
June 11, 2020
| By: Christine Young
Blogger, Maxim Integrated
HollySys develops industrial automation products such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and distributed control systems (DCSs). The leading automation and IT solutions provider also researches embedded computing platforms, industrial networks, and large-scale configuration software.
As manufacturing companies continue to embrace Industry 4.0 and bring more automated capabilities into their facilities, industrial automation equipment such as PLCs are getting smaller and smarter. That's why for a company like HollySys, the selection criteria for the underlying industrial communications and industrial power ICs designed into its products is quite stringent:
- Small size and high level of integration
- Plenty of support, along with long lifecycles and reliable availability
- A good cost/performance balance
To meet its requirements, HollySys is using a variety of Maxim industrial communications and industrial power ICs in its products:
- MAX14912 octal high-speed, high-side switch/push-pull driver
- MAX22190 octal industrial digital input with diagnostics
- MAX14931 4-channel digital isolator
- MAX17503 high-efficiency, synchronous step-down converter with internal compensation
- MAX3042 5V quad RS-485/RS-422 transmitter for digital data transmission over twisted-pair balanced lines
- MAX3094E rugged, low-power, quad RS-422/RS-485 receivers with electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection
- MAX6071 low-noise, high-precision voltage reference
- MAX14783E high-speed, dual-voltage RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
- MAX14945 isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver
By integrating these Maxim ICs into its products, HollySys is enabling its customers to reduce their solution sizes by about one-third and their design cycles also by about one-third. Looking ahead, the company is continuing to evaluate other small, low-power, and highly integrated Maxim ICs for its design needs.
This blog post was adapted from the HollySys customer testimonial. Read the testimonial for more details about why HollySys selected Maxim chips for its products.
One of Asia's leading automation and IT solutions providers, HollySys develops industrial automation products like PLCs.