Produce High Accuracy Analog Output with Ultra-Low Power Consumption
Maxim Integrated gives designers a ready-to-implement Micro PLC analog-output system for Industry 4.0 applications.
San Jose, CA—September 30, 2014—Engineers can now meet the higher resolution, distributed control requirements of Industry 4.0 industrial factory automation designs, while using less power, with the MAXREFDES60# 16-bit analog output system from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
The trend of Industry 4.0 marks a move of factory systems away from large, centralized programmable logic controllers (PLCs) toward modular, decentralized Micro PLCs that promise to provide better efficiency and flexibility. Operating at less than 250mW, the MAXREFDES60# reference module gives Micro PLC designs an ultra-low-power, highly accurate analog output in an ultra-small form factor approximately the size of a credit card. The highly integrated MAXREFDES60# is a complete system design that includes a microcontroller and an isolated power architecture. Users can simply plug MAXREFDES60# into a computer via USB, apply power, and begin evaluation within minutes.
- Ultra-low power: 0V to 10V output voltage with a typical power consumption of 240mW enabled by the efficient, isolated 24V power supply
- High accuracy: 16-bit, precise analog output with error less than 0.05% over the entire range
- Highly integrated : combines a microcontroller, DAC, power supply, voltage reference, and digital isolator for quick implementation
- Superior data integrity: magnetically immune data isolation prevents data corruption
- "As customers design new distributed control systems for Industry 4.0, they require very small form factor modules with a high level of performance and precision," said Suhel Dhanani, Principal Strategic Marketing Manager for Control and Automation at Maxim Integrated. "Developed for Micro PLC platforms, the MAXREFDES60# reference module enables the fast-growing Industry 4.0 market with its integrated functionality and flexibility."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAXREFDES60# board is available for $39 at Maxim's website and select franchised distributors. Hardware and firmware design files, as well as test data, are provided free and available online.
- For information on other reference designs, visit Maxim's Reference Design Center.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is the leader in analog integration. From mobile to industrial solutions, we're making analog smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient. Learn more at www.maximintegrated.com.