Accurately Detect Clear, Red, Green, Blue and Infrared Light with Industry's Smallest IO-Link Ambient Light Sensor
- Small size: Industry's smallest ambient light sensing system.
- High integration: Integrates six highly accurate clear light, RGB and IR sensors; a temperature sensor; an economical and ultra-low-power microcontroller; dual integrated 3.3V and 5V linear regulators; programmable flash memory; and IO-Link software.
- High sensitivity: Sensitive over a range of 57,542 lux to 0.001 lux, at low power.
- Ease of configuration: IO-Link enabled, which allows simple identification and connection to existing industrial systems.
- "The Santa Cruz system is a result of Maxim's successful partnership with Renesas Electronics Europe and TMG Technologie und Engineering," said David Andeen, Reference Design Manager at Maxim Integrated. "The Renesas® RL78/G1A ultra-low-power microcontroller and TMG's IO-Link software provide the ideal complement to Maxim's accurate light sensor and IO-Link modem. The combination of these products with our IO-Link modem creates a platform for a variety of IO-Link sensor solutions."
- "The industrial sensors market is trending toward higher accuracy and chip-level integration and miniaturization," said Dr. Rajender Thusu, Lead Sensors and Instruments Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "The Santa Cruz reference design furthers these trends to enable the factory of the future."
- The Santa Cruz system is available on a 6.5mm x 25mm printed circuit board with M12 connector for immediate IO-Link connectivity.
- Pricing starts at $99 (FOB USA).
- For information on other reference designs, please visit Maxim's Reference Design Center.
At Maxim Integrated, our designs make the world more integrated. And with analog integration, the possibilities are endless. In Fiscal 2013, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.