Speed and Secure Smart Meter Designs with the Industry's Highest Performance Smart Grid Reference Platform
- High integration: integrates an applications processor, metering microcontroller, metering front-end/DSP, and a secure coprocessor
- Advanced security: integrates physical-attack detection, a secure bootloader, and advanced cryptography schemes including elliptic curve; supports secure in-field software upgrades
- Excellent performance: offers independent ADC channels for metrology; 0.1% accuracy over an 8000:1 range
- Flexibility: easily connect Capistrano to PRIME, G3-PLC™, GPRS, and other modems; enough processing power to handle future application requirements
- Simplifies and speeds designs:start designs for next-generation smart grid products with the most integrated reference platform and optimized BOM cost
- "Capistrano offers the best performance and highest security for smart energy applications," said Kris Ardis, Executive Director of Energy Solutions at Maxim Integrated. "It provides an excellent toolbox for building tomorrow's smart grid."
- "More than 100 million smart electricity meters are expected to be shipped in 2014," said Jacob Rodrigues Pereira, IHS analyst for smart utilities infrastructure. "For designers, security, improving smart meter time to market, and adapting to changing policy requirements will all be critical."
- Capistrano reference platforms and Zeus samples are available for qualified customers.
At Maxim Integrated, our designs make the world more integrated. And with analog integration, the possibilities are endless. In Fiscal 2013, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.