Effective May 2018
Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found here (collectively the "Maxim Group"). This Policy is issued on behalf of the Maxim Group so when we mention, "Maxim", "we", "us" or "our" in this Statement, we are referring to the relevant company in the Maxim Group. Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. ("Maxim") is the Data Controller. This means that Maxim decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Through the Site, we receive data that you actively submit as well as data that we track ("Types of Data Collected"):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we (can) combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this privacy noticeStatement.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences, unless for a candidate for employment and consent has been given.
Actively Submitted Data: When you request information, respond to an online survey or otherwise actively send us data, we usually collect data such as your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and certain information related to the business you represent. In each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it.
Combinations: Unless you also actively submit personal information such as your name or address, passively tracked data does not typically allow us to identify you personally, but will qualify as personal data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine passively tracked data with personal data that you actively submit.
We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our Site and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our Site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage, and to help personalize your experience of our Site. We collect actively submitted data primarily for two purposes: First, for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data (e.g., to mail information to you). Second, for purposes of informing you about products and services. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails as explained below.
We have set out below a description of all the ways we anticipate using your collect and use personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We do not sell users’ Personal Data and have not done so in the past 12 months.
|What we collect||How we use it||Why we use it||How long we keep it|
|1||Information that you give us to make a purchase, whether online or over the phone including:
|2||Information about the way you use our services including:
|3||Information when you communicate with us whether in person, through our website or via email, over the phone, through social media or via any other medium, including:
|4||Information provided as part of your account including:
|5||Information that we collect through your use of our website including:
|6||Information that we collect from third party partners and corporate customers, which could include:
|7||Information that we collect incidentally from other sources or public sources, including:
|8||Information that we collect from vendors, distributors, agents, and service providers:
*Where multiple retention periods apply to the same data, the longer period will govern.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Data we will not be able to complete your request or order, subscribe you to our newsletter, or potentially comply with contractual obligations.
We provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. Some of the marketing purposes include:
Promotional Offers from Us
We use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us, purchased goods or services from us, have entered into a competition or registered for a promotion, and, if you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will obtain opt-in consent, to the extent legally required.
We will get your express opt-in consent, to the extent legally required, before we receive or share your personal data with any company outside the Maxim group of companies for marketing communications, competitions or promotions, and, if you have not opted out of receiving those types of communications.
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, to the extent legally required, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We keep data in California and have servers, contractors and employees around the world in various locations, including, without limitation, other parts of the United States of America, as well as the following countries: Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
We are not in the business of selling or renting your information to telemarketers and do not share your Personal Data with others, except as follows:
- We freely share your information with our affiliates if needed to accomplish the purposes described above. You can find our affiliates in our 10-K found here. These affiliates use the data only on our behalf and who have a contractual duty to maintain confidentiality (these parties are processors within the meaning of the GDPR);
- We also share your information with distributors, agents, vendors, and service providers who use the data only on our behalf and who have a contractual duty to maintain confidentiality (these parties are processors within the meaning of the GDPR);
- We may share your information as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others' legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings;
- We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business;
- Also, we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information collected via the Site that does not qualify as Personal Data.
We share your personal data within the Maxim Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which may include, but is not limited to: Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States.
In addition, many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission (in accordance with article 45 GDPR). Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (in accordance with article 46 GDPR).
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US (in accordance with Article 46 GDPR). Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Subject to any laws that require a recipient to receive communications on an opt-in basis, in connection with promotions or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision.
You may have certain rights pertaining to your Personal Data, which may include access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability. Below we set out your rights under the GDPR (as well as the CCPA where designated below) in more detail. These rights are not absolute and are limited by applicable law. In California, you may authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf under the CCPA.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to email@example.com. We will endeavourendeavor to respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period by two months if the request is particularly complex or if you submit a large number of requests. If we extend the response period, we will let you know within one month from your request.
- Access (CCPA): you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your Personal Data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request").You may also request information about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Please note that to help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
- Erasure (CCPA): you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data in certain circumstances. It may not always be possible for you to use this right if, for example, if it is still necessary for us to perform under an agreement we have with you or we need to keep the information by law or because of a legal dispute.
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your Personal Data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Portability (CCPA): you may request the transfer of certain of your Personal Data to another party. To help with that you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to you or another company.
- Objection: where we are processing your Personal Data based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may object to processing on this ground. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests.
- Withdraw consent: where we are processing your Personal Data on the legal basis of consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications you can also click the unsubscribe link included in each email we send you.
- Non-Discrimination (CCPA): We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your data privacy rights under the GDPR, CCPA, or other data privacy laws. In response to an exercise of data privacy rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Information received from you for verification purposes will only be used to verify your identity. In certain circumstances, we may request a copy of your government identification to assist us in verifying your identity. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have a complaint about the way we process your Personal Data, we request that you contact us at email@example.com to allow us to solve the complaint. However, you also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the EU Member State where you live or work, or in the EU Member State in which the alleged infringement regarding the processing of your Personal Data took place. A list of supervisory authorities in the European Union can be found here.
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You should also safeguard any password and User ID you use to access the Site and notify Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect that this password or User ID has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the Site conducted via your password and User ID.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The Site is intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect, personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and we request that individuals under the age of 13 not submit any personal information on the Site. If you – as a person with parental responsibility over the child – notice that your child has provided us with personal data without your approval (for instance by submitting an incorrect age), you may contact us via email@example.com.
If we find out that we process personal data of a minor without approval of the person holding parental responsibility over the minor concerned, we will immediately remove the personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set forth above.
This Statement is effective as May 21, 2018. We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time and in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Statement at any time, but will actively alert you that changes have been made. When you visit the Site, you are accepting the current version of this Statement as posted on the Site at that time. We also recommend that users revisit this Statement on occasion to learn of any changes.
Our contact information is provided below:
Address: Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
160 Rio Robles
San Jose, CA 95134
Toll-free Number: +1 (855) 601-5263
Europe, Middle East & Africa, Data Privacy Officer: Harry.Marsden@maximintegrated.com
Americas, Data Privacy Officer: Wendy.SovakSmith@maximintegrated.com
Asia Pacific, Data Privacy Officer: Marc.Salarda@maximintegrated.com
The Policy was last updated in December 2019.