I2C Digital Thermometer and Real-Time Clock
Temperature Sensor and Real-Time Clock Integrated into a Tiny 3mm x 3mm IC
说明The MAX31629 I2Cdigital thermometer and real-time clock (RTC) integrates the critical functions of a real-time clock and a temperature monitor in a small-outline 8-pin TDFN package. Communication to the device is accomplished through an I2C interface. The wide power-supply range and minimal power requirement of the device allow for accurate time/temperature measurements in battery-powered applications.
The digital thermometer provides 9-bit to 12-bit temperature readings that indicate the temperature of the device.
No additional components are required; the device is truly a “temperature-to-digital” converter.
The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, day of the week, month, day of the month, and year. The end-of-the-month date is automatically adjusted for months with less than 31 days, including corrections for leap years. It operates in either a 12- or 24-hour format with AM/PM indicator in 12-hour mode. The crystal oscillator frequency is internally divided, as specified by device configuration. An open-drain output is provided that can be used as the oscillator input for a microcontroller.
The open-drain alarm output of the device becomes active when either the measured temperature exceeds the programmed overtemperature limit (TH) or current time reaches the programmed alarm setting. The user can configure which event (time only, temperature only, either, or neither) generates an alarm condition. For storage of general system data or time/temperature data logging, the device features 32 bytes of SRAM. Applications for the device include networking equipment, industrial equipment, office equipment, thermal data loggers, or any microprocessor-based, thermally sensitive system.
- Integration of Temperature Sensor and Real-Time Clock Saves Space and Cost
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- Real-Time Clock with Leap-Year Compensation through the Year 2100
- 32 Bytes of SRAM for General Data Storage
- 8-Pin TDFN Package
- Minimal Power Requirements Allow for Accurate Time/Temperature Measurements in Battery-Powered Applications
- 2.2V to 5.5V Wide Power-Supply Range
- User-Programmability Flexibly Supports Different Application Requirements
- Thermometer Resolution is User Programmable to 9, 10, 11, or 12 Bits
- Thermostatic and Time Alarm Settings are User Definable
- Dedicated Open-Drain Alarm Output
- Industry-Standard Serial Interface Works with a Variety of Common Microcontrollers
- Data is Read from/Written to through an I2C Serial Interface (Open-Drain I/O Lines)
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
- Complete Biometric Sensor Hub
- World-Class Algorithm for Wearable Applications
- High Accuracy
- Long Battery Life
- Small Size
- 1-Wire Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Unique 64-bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- External Resistor Selects Address for Location Identification