说明The MAX1462 implements a revolutionary concept in signal conditioning, where the output of its 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) is digitally corrected over the specified temperature range. This feature can be readily exploited by industrial and medical market segments, in applications such as sensors and smart batteries. Digital correction is provided by an internal digital signal processor (DSP) and on-chip 128-bit EEPROM containing user-programmed calibration coefficients. The conditioned output is available as a 12-bit digital word and as a ratiometric (proportional to the supply voltage) analog voltage using an on-board 12-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The uncommitted op amp can be used to filter the analog output.
The analog front end includes a 2-bit programmable-gain amplifier (PGA) and a 3-bit coarse-offset (CO) DAC, which condition the sensor's output. This coarsely corrected signal is digitized by a 16-bit ADC. The DSP uses the digitized sensor signal, the temperature sensor, and correction coefficients stored in the internal EEPROM to produce the conditioned output.
Multiple or batch manufacturing of sensors is supported with a completely digital test interface. Built-in testability features on the MAX1462 result in the integration of three traditional sensor-manufacturing operations into one automated process:
- Pretest: Data acquisition of sensor performance under the control of a host test computer.
- Calibration and compensation: Computation and storage of calibration and compensation coefficients determined from transducer pretest data.
- Final test operation: Verification of transducer calibration and compensation, without removal from the pretest socket.
- Low-Voltage Operation (2.4V to 3.6V)
- Low-Noise, 310µA Single-Chip Sensor Signal Conditioning
- High-Precision Front End Resolves < 400nV of Differential Input Signal
- On-Chip DSP and EEPROM Provide Digital Correction of Sensor Errors
- 16-Bit Signal Path Compensates Sensor Offset and Sensitivity and Associated Temperature Coefficients
- 12-Bit Parallel Digital Output
- Analog Output
- Compensates a Wide Range of Sensor Sensitivity and Offset
- Single-Shot Automated Compensation Algorithm—No Iteration Required
- Built-In Temperature Sensor
- Three-State, 5-Wire Serial Interface Supports High-Volume Manufacturing
- Complete Biometric Sensor Hub
- World-Class Algorithm for Wearable Applications
- High Accuracy
- Long Battery Life
- Small Size
- 1-Wire Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Unique 64-bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- External Resistor Selects Address for Location Identification
- 微小、3.5mm x 7.0mm x 1.5mm、14引脚光模块
- Low-Cost, Flexible Gesture-Sensing Solution for Automotive Applications
- Low-Power, Low-Cost External CPU Processes Sensor Output
- Supports Swipe, Rotation, and Proximity Gestures
- Complete Single-Channel Optical Data Acquisition System
- Ultra Low-Power Operation for Wearable Devices
- Excellent Top-End Dynamic Range > 91dB in White Card Loop-Back Test (Nyquist Sample-to-Sample Variance)