MAX1299A, MAX1299B, MAX1299C
The MAX1298/MAX1299 implement local and remote temperature sensing with 12-bit resolution, using +5V and +3V supply voltages, respectively. Accuracy is ±1°C from 0 to +70°C, with no calibration needed. The devices feature an algorithmic switched-capacitor analog-to-digital converter (ADC), an on-chip clock, and a 3-wire serial interface compatible with SPI, QSPI™, and MICROWIRE®.
The MAX1298/MAX1299 also perform fully differential voltage measurements with 12-bit resolution and separate track-and-hold (T/H) for positive and negative inputs. Both devices accept versatile input modes consisting of two 3-channel signal pairs, five 1-channel signals relative to an AIN5, or VDD/4 relative to ground. An external reference may be used for more accurate voltage measurements.
Typical power consumption is only 1.3mW (MAX1299). A shutdown mode and two standby modes provide multiple strategies for prolonging battery life in portable applications that require limited sampling throughput.
The MAX1298/MAX1299 are available in 16-pin SSOP packages.
- Local and Remote Temperature Sensing
- 12-Bit Resolution for Temperature and Voltage Inputs
- ±1°C Accuracy from -40°C to +85°C
- Fully Differential Inputs
- Single-Supply Operation
- +4.75V to +5.25V (MAX1298)
- +2.7V to +3.6V (MAX1299)
- 3-Wire SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE-Compatible Interface
- Internal Precision Voltage Reference
- 2.50V (MAX1298)
- 1.20V (MAX1299)
- Space-Saving 16-Pin SSOP Package
- Complete Biometric Sensor Hub
- World-Class Algorithm for Wearable Applications
- High Accuracy
- Long Battery Life
- Small Size
- 1-Wire Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Unique 64-bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- External Resistor Selects Address for Location Identification