- Wide 7.5V to 42V Input Range
- Highly Integrated Solution with Built-In Shielded Inductor
- Programmed 5V Output, Up To 5A Output Current
- All Ceramic Capacitors and Ultra-Compact Solution
- Selectable PWM, DCM, and PFM Modes
- Programmable 4ms Soft-Start Time and Prebias Startup
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output Pulled Up To 5V VCC
- Programmable EN/UVLO Threshold
- Provision for External Frequency Synchronization
- Hiccup Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Overtemperature Protection (OTP)
- -40°C to +125°C Industrial Temperature Range
- Complies with CISPR22(EN55022) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
The Himalaya series of voltage regulator ICs and power modules enable cooler, smaller, and simpler powersupply solutions. The MAXM17546EVKITBE# 5V-output evaluation kit (EV kit) is a demonstration circuit of the MAXM17546 42V, 5A high-efficiency, current-mode, synchronous step-down DC-DC switching power module. The EV kit operates over a wide input-voltage of 7.5V to 42V and provides up to 5A load current with a 5V-output voltage. The EV kit is programmed to switch at a frequency of 450kHz. The module is simple to use and easily configurable with minimal external components. It features cycle-by-cycle peak current-limit protection, under-voltage lockout (EN/UVLO), and thermal shutdown.
The EV kit comes with the compact 29-pin 15mm x 9mm x 4.32mm SiP package MAXM17546 module installed and is rated to operate over the full industrial -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
The MAXM17546 module data sheet provides a complete description of the part that should be read in conjunction with this data sheet prior to operating the EV kit. For full module features, benefits and parameters, refer to the MAXM17546 data sheet.