- Low 0.8V to 6V Input Supply Voltage
- 0.9V Guaranteed Start-Up Supply Voltage
- 27µA Quiescent Current
- 1µA Shutdown Mode
- Up to 250kHz Switching Frequency
- ±1.5% Reference Tolerance
- Low-Battery Detector (LBI/LBO)
- Ultra-Small 8-Pin µMAX Package (1.11mm High)
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX866/MAX867 are CMOS, step-up, DC-DC switching regulators for small, low input voltage or battery-powered systems. The MAX866 accepts a positive input voltage between 0.8V and VOUT and converts it to a higher, pin-selectable output voltage of 3.3V or 5V. The MAX867 adjustable version accepts 0.8V to 6V input voltages and generates a higher, adjustable output voltage in the 2.7V to 6V range. Typical full-load efficiencies for the MAX866/MAX867 are greater than 80%.
A movable jumper on the EV kit selects either a 3.3V or 5.0V output voltage. Additional pads on the board's solder side accommodate resistors for the LBI/LBO low battery detector or MAX867 output adjustment.