- High Efficiency for a Wide Range of Load Currents
- 12V/150mA Flash Memory Programming Supply
- 110µA Max Supply Current
- 5µA Max Shutdown Supply Current
- 2V to 16.5V Input Voltage Range
- 12V (MAX761), 15V (MAX762) or Adjustable Output
- Current-Limited PFM Control Scheme
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- Internal, 1A, N-Channel Power FET
- LBI/LBO Low-Battery Comparator
The MAX761/MAX762 input voltage range is 2V to 16.5V. Output voltages are preset to 12V (MAX761) and 15V (MAX762), or they can be set with two external resistors. With a 5V input, the MAX761 guarantees a 12V, 150mA output. Its high efficiency, low supply current, fast start-up time, SHDN controlling capability, and small size make the MAX761 ideal for powering flash memory.
The MAX761/MAX762 have an internal 1A power MOSFET, making them ideal for minimum-component, low- and medium-power applications. These devices use tiny external components, and their high switching frequencies (up to 300kHz) allow for small surface-mount magnetics.
For increased output drive capability or higher output voltages, use the MAX770-MAX773, which are similar in design to the MAX761/MAX762, but drive external power MOSFETs. For stepping up to 5V, see the MAX756/MAX757 and MAX856-MAX859 data sheets.