- Operates Down to 0.7V Input Supply Voltage
- 87% Efficiency at 200mA
- 60µA Quiescent Current
- 20µA Shutdown Mode with Active Reference and LBI Detector
- 500kHz Maximum Switching Frequency
- ±1.5% Reference Tolerance Over Temperature
- Low-Battery Detector (LBI/LBO)
- 8-Pin DIP and SO Packages
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX756 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed circuit board. It can also be modified to fit the adjustable-output MAX757. The MAX756/MAX757 are CMOS, step-up, DC-DC switching regulators for small, low input voltage or battery-powered systems. The MAX756 accepts a positive input voltage down to 0.7V and converts it to a higher pin-selectable output voltage of 3.3V or 5V. The MAX757 is an adjustable version that accepts an input voltage down to 0.7V and generates a higher adjustable output voltage in the 2.7V to 5.5V range. Typical full-load efficiencies for the MAX756/MAX757 are greater than 87%.
A movable jumper selects either 3.3V or 5.0V output voltage, and additional pads on the bottom of the board are provided to place resistors for the LBI/LBO low-battery detector and MAX757 output adjustment.