- Load Currents Guaranteed to 200mA with No External MOSFET
- Step-Up from a 2.0V Input
- 170kHz High-Frequency Current-Mode PWM
- 82% to 87% Typical Efficiencies at Full Load
- Overcurrent and Soft-Start Protection
- Shutdown Capability
The EV kit includes all needed components (unassembled) and a printed circuit board. When completed, the EV kit is a working DC-DC step-up converter with +5V output voltage at 200mA.
Typical full-load efficiencies are 82% to 87%. The MAX731 uses current-mode pulse-width modulation (PWM) to provide precise output regulation and low subharmonic noise. Typical no-load supply current is 2mA.
The MAX731 features cycle-by-cycle current limiting, overcurrent limiting, external shutdown, and programmable soft-start protection.
The EV kit components are suitable for through-hole mounting to make construction and evaluation easy. Refer to the MAX731 data sheet for detailed electrical and operating specifications.