- High Efficiency DC-DC Converter
- Up to 16A Peak Output Current
- Differential Remote Voltage Sensing
- 3V to 5.5V Input Supply Voltage
- I2C User Configurable
- Excellent Load Transient Performance
- 2.2MHz or 1.1MHz Operation
- Test Points for Bode Plot Measurement
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive ADAS Systems
- SoC Core Power
- Telematics with high power SoC's
The MAX20499C EV kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB intended to demonstrate the capability of the MAX20499C step-down (buck) voltage regulator. The MAX20499C has an output current rating of 16A. The IC operates at 3V to 5.5V input supply voltage and can regulate to a voltage range of 0.5V to 1.275V.
The MAX20499C features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode for better noise immunity and load transient response. The 2.2MHz frequency operation allows for the use of all ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The spreadspectrum frequency modulation option minimizes electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and simplifies layout.
The MAX20499C is offered with factory-preset output voltage. The I2C interface supports dynamic voltage adjustment with programmable slew rates. Other features include programmable soft-start, over-current protection, and over-temperature protection.