- Easy Testing of CC/CV Charger, SOH Functions, and Boost Controller
- Free Downloadable EV Kit GUI
- MINIQUSB for Simplified Control
- Jumpers and Pins for External I2C Controller
- Optimized Application Layout for Quick Implementation
- Both MAX20094 and MAX20095 EV Kits Can be Used to Evaluate Either of the Pin-Compatible ICs with Component Replacement of the U1 IC
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20094/MAX20095 evaluation kits (EV kits) are fully assembled and tested application circuits for the MAX20094/MAX20095 backup battery chargers and boost controllers with I2C capability. The EV kits are set up to provide the user with a convenient method to assess the constant-current/constant-voltage (CC/CV) battery charger, state-of-health (SOH) diagnostic features, and the boost controller.
Both EV kits are recommended for use with the free MAX20094 companion GUI and an I2C interface board, such as the Maxim Integrated command module (MINIQUSB). The MINIQUSB enables I2C communication through the USB port of a PC by emulating a 2-wire interface. The EV system includes both the EV kit and the MINIQUSB command module. Note: The EV kit can also be used as a stand-alone board without these items. The EV kit can also evaluate the pin-compatible MAX20095 with IC replacement of U1.