- High Efficiency DC-DC Converter
- Up to 16A Peak Output Current
- Differential Remote Voltage Sensing
- 3.0V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage
- I2C Controlled Output Voltage:
- 0.5V to 1.275V in 6.25mV Steps
- Excellent Load Transient Performance
- Programmable Compensation
- 2.2MHz or 1.1MHz Operation
- Loop Measurements Ready
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive ADAS Systems
- SoC Core Power
The MAX20011G EV kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB intended to demonstrate the capability of the MAX20011G step-down (buck) voltage regulator. The MAX20011G has an output current rating of 16A. The IC operates at 3V to 5.5V input supply voltage and can regulate to a voltage range of 0.5V to 1.275V.
The MAX20011G features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency PWM mode for better noise immunity and load transient response. The 2.2MHz frequency operation allows for the use of all ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The spread-spectrum frequency modulation option minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and simplifiy the layout.
The MAX20011G is offered with factory-preset output voltage. The I2C interface supports dynamic voltage adjustment with programmable slew rates. Other features include programmable soft-start, over-current, and overtemperature protections.