- Input Voltages
- +3.65V to +5.5V (AC Adapter, as configured)
- +2.7V to +5.5V (Main Battery, as configured)
- +0.9V to +3.2V (Backup Battery)
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Output at 1.5A
- +1.8V Output at 500mA
- Outputs are Adjustable with Resistors
- Internal MOSFET Switches (Core and Backup Converters)
- 8µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- Switching Frequency up to 1.25MHz
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Power for the circuit can be provided from a 3.65V to 5.5V DC source. The EV kit can be reconfigured for input voltages up to 28V. The core's input can be powered from the input source, or for higher input voltages, from the main output. The EV kit circuit includes battery monitoring, switchover, and backup, allowing automatic backup operation.
The MAX1774 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (up to 95%) for maximum battery life. Operation up to 1.25MHz allows the use of tiny surfacemount components.