- Wide 4.5V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- MAX17644AEVKIT# Offers High 87.28% Efficiency (VIN1 = 24V, VOUT1 = 3.3V, IOUT1 = 2.7A)
- MAX17644BEVKIT# Offers High 90.77% Efficiency (VIN2 = 24V, VOUT2 = 5V, IOUT2 = 2.7A)
- MAX17644C5EVKIT# Offers High 90.77% Efficiency (VIN3 = 24V, VOUT3 = 5V, IOUT3 = 2.7A)
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Selectable PWM, PFM, and DCM Modes of Operation
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Active-Low RESET Outputs, with Pullup Resistor to Respective VCC
- Provision to Synchronize the Converters to an External Clock Source
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR32 (EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
The MAX17644 evaluation kit (comprising the MAX17644AEVKIT#, MAX17644BEVKIT#, and MAX17644C5EVKIT# EV kits) provides proven designs to evaluate the MAX17644A, MAX17644B, and MAX17644C high-efficiency, high-voltage Himalaya synchronous DC-DC converters.
The MAX17644AEVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a fixed 3.3V output (VOUT1). The EV kit is configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW1) switching frequency over a 4.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The MAX17644BEVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a fixed 5V output (VOUT2). The EV kit is configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW2) switching frequency over a 6.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The MAX17644C5EVKIT# EV kit delivers up to 2.7A, with a configured 5V output (VOUT3). The EV kit is also configured to operate at 500kHz (fSW3) switching frequency over a 6.5V to 36V input voltage range.
The EV kits are configured to demonstrate the optimum performance and component size. The EV kits provide provisions for enable/disable settings and selecting the modes of operation (pulse-width modulation/pulsefrequency modulation/discontinuous-conduction mode [PWM/PFM/DCM]). The EV kits feature programmable input undervoltage-lockout (UVLO), adjustable soft-start, open-drain active-low RESET signal, and external clock synchronization. The EV kits also provide a good layout example, which is optimized for conducted, radiated EMI, and thermal performance. For more details, refer to the Benefits and Features section in the MAX17644 IC data sheet.