- +0.7V to +5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Fixed Output at 1.1A (left side)
- +3.3V Fixed Output at 1.4A (right side)
- +2.8V LDO Linear Regulator Output at 1A (right side) as Shipped
- Internal N-Channel Power Switch and P-Channel Synchronous Rectifier
- 1µA Shutdown Current
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Externally Synchronizable (500kHz to 1.2MHz)
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The second circuit (right side) uses a MAX1763 in a high-power 16-pin TSSOP-EP (exposed pad) package, is configured for a +3.3V output, and supplies up to 1.4A of current. It accepts inputs from a +0.7V to +5.5V source, or a 1- or 2-cell alkaline battery can power the input. The right side includes a low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator that draws power from the +3.3V output and provides +2.8V at up to 1A of current.
The MAX1763 features an internal N-channel MOSFET switch, a P-channel MOSFET synchronous rectifier, and pulse-width modulation (PWM) operation for maximum efficiency. The MAX1763 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency up to 96% for maximum battery life. Operation at 1MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.