- Operates Over a Wide Input Range
- MAX17579EVKIT#: VOUT1 = -15V, IOUT1 = 240mA, VIN1 Range = 16V to 45V
- MAX17580EVKIT#: VOUT2 = -5V, IOUT2 = 300mA, VIN2 Range = 16V to 55V
- Adjustable Soft-Start Time
- Active-Low RESET Output with a Pullup Resistor to an External Supply
- System Ground Interfaced EN/UVLO and Active-Low RESET Pins
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR 32 (EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
- Gate-Drive Circuits
- General Purpose Point-of-Load
- High-Voltage, Single-Board System
- Industrial Control Power Supply
- Motion Control
- Wall-Transformer Regulation
The MAX17579EVKIT# and MAX17580EVKIT# evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the MAX17579 and MAX17580 high-efficiency, high-voltage, inverting, Himalaya synchronous DC-DC converters. The devices generate output voltages (VOUT) from -0.9V to -36V and can deliver up to 300mA of load current from a wide 4.5V to 60V-|VOUT| input voltage range.
The MAX17579EVKIT# EV kit generates -15V output (VOUT1) at load currents up to 240mA from a 16V to 45V input supply and operates at 600kHz (fSW1) switching frequency. This EV kit configuration features MAX17579 that operates in continuous conduction mode (CCM) at all loads, thus, providing a constant frequency operation.
The MAX17580EVKIT# EV kit generates -5V output (VOUT2) at load currents up to 300mA from a 16V to 55V input supply and operates at 600kHz (fSW2) switching frequency. This EV kit configuration features MAX17580 that operates in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) for superior efficiency at light loads.
The EV kits are configured for optimum efficiency and component size. The EV kits feature programmable enable and input undervoltage-lockout (UVLO), softstart, open-drain active-low RESET signal and external clock synchronization. The EV kits also provide a good layout example, which are optimized for conducted, radiated EMI, and thermal performance. For more details about the device Benefits and Features, refer to the MAX17579, MAX17580 IC data sheet.