- High-Efficiency Voltage Positioning
- Quick-PWM Architecture
- ±1% VOUT Line-Regulation Accuracy
- Adjustable Output Range (5-Bit DAC)
- MAX1716: 0.925V to 1.6V
- MAX1854: 0.925V to 2.0V
- MAX1855: 0.600V to 1.75V
- 2V to 28V Input Range
- 200/300/400/550kHz Switching Frequency
- Output Undervoltage Protection
- Overvoltage Protection (MAX1716/MAX1855)
- Drive Large Synchronous-Rectifier MOSFETs
- 1.7ms Digital Soft-Start
- 700µA ICC Supply Current
- 1µA Shutdown Supply Current
- 2V ±1% Reference Output
- VGATE Transition-Complete Indicator
- Small 24-Pin QSOP Package
The MAX1716/MAX1854/MAX1855 are designed specifically for CPU core applications requiring a voltage-positioned supply. The voltage-positioning input (VPS), combined with a high DC accuracy control loop, is used to implement a power supply that modifies its output set point in response to the load current. This arrangement decreases full-load power dissipation and reduces the required number of output capacitors.
The 28V input range of the MAX1716/MAX1854/MAX1855 enables single-stage buck conversion from high-voltage batteries for the maximum possible efficiency. Alternatively, the devices' high-frequency capability combined with two-stage conversion (stepping down the +5V system supply instead of the battery) allows the smallest possible physical size. The output voltage can be dynamically adjusted through the 5-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) inputs.
The MAX1716/MAX1854/MAX1855 are available in a 24-pin QSOP package. For applications requiring SpeedStep® power control (see the MAX1717).