- Input Voltage
- +0.8V to +18V (as configured)
- +2.4V to +5.5V (IC VCC)
- Output Voltage
- +18V Output up to 30mA (as configured)
- Output Voltage Adjustable with Resistors
- Adjustable Inductor Current-Limit Setting
- Internal MOSFET Switches
- 1µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- Switching Frequency up to 500kHz
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The IC operates from a +2.4V to +5.5V supply voltage but can boost battery voltages as low as +0.8V up to +30V at the output. Three different inductor current limits can be evaluated with the EV kit as configured.
The MAX1605 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency up to 88% for maximum battery life. Operation up to 500kHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.