- Continuous 8A Output Current Over Temperature
- Efficiency Over 90%
- ±1% Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Operate from a 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- VID Control Inputs for Selecting Output Voltage
- Programmable Slew-Rate Control
- Safe Startup into Prebiased Output
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Enable Input and Power-Good Output for Power-Supply Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection Faults
- Fully Protected Against Overcurrent and Overtemperature
- Input Undervoltage Lockout
- 20-Bump (4 x 5 Array), 2.5mm x 2mm, WLP Package
This IC utilizes a current-mode control architecture with a high gain transconductance error amplifier. The current-mode control architecture facilitates easy compensation design and ensures cycle-by-cycle current limit with fast response to line and load transients.
The low RDS(ON) integrated switches ensure high efficiency at heavy loads while minimizing critical inductance, making the layout design a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions. The high switching frequency (1MHz), along with the PWM current-mode architecture allows for a compact, all ceramic capacitor design.
The IC features a capacitor-programmable slew-rate control to reduce input current at the startup and when the output changes state under VID control. Internal control circuitry ensures safe-startup into a prebiased output. Power sequencing is controlled with the enable input and power-good output.
The IC is available in a 20-bump (4 x 5 array), 2.5mm x 2mm, WLP package and is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.