- Precision Supply Voltage Monitor:
- 4.65V for MAX690A/MAX802L/MAX805L
- 4.40V for MAX692A/MAX802M
- Reset Time Delay: 200ms
- Watchdog Timer: 1.6s Timeout
- Battery-Backup Power Switching
- 200µA Quiescent Supply Current
- 50nA Quiescent Supply Current in Battery-Backup Mode
- Voltage Monitor for Power-Fail or Low-Battery Warning
- Power-Fail Accuracy Guaranteed to ±2% (MAX802L/M)
- Guaranteed Active-Low RESET Assertion to VCC = 1V
- 8-Pin SO and DIP Packages
These parts provide four functions:
1) A reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
2) Battery-backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS µP, or other low-power logic.
3) A reset pulse if the optional watchdog timer has not been toggled within 1.6sec.
4) A 1.25V threshold detector for power-fail warning or low-battery detection, or to monitor a power supply other than +5V.
The parts differ in their reset-voltage threshold levels and reset outputs. The MAX690A/MAX802L/MAX805L generate a reset pulse when the supply voltage drops below 4.65V, and the MAX692A/MAX802M generate a reset below 4.40V. The MAX802L/MAX802M guarantee power-fail accuracies to ±2%. The MAX805L is the same as the MAX690A except that RESET is provided instead of active-low RESET.
All parts are available in 8-pin DIP and SO packages. The MAX690A/MAX802L are pin compatible with the MAX690 and MAX694. The MAX692A/MAX802M are pin compatible with the MAX692.