- Ultra-Low 0.7V Operating Supply Voltage
- Low 4.0µA Supply Current
- Precision Monitoring of 2.85V to 5.0V Power-Supply Voltages
- Reset Thresholds Available from 2.63V to 4.80V, in Approximately 100mV Increments
- Debounced Manual Reset Input
- Fully Specified over Temperature
- Three Power-On Reset Timeout Periods Available (1ms min, 20ms min, 100ms min)
- Low Cost
- Three Available Output Structures: Push/Pull active-low RESET, Push/Pull RESET, Open-Drain active-low RESET
- Guaranteed RESET/active-low RESET Valid to VCC = 0.7V (MAX6803/MAX6804)
- Power-Supply Transient Immunity
- No External Components Required
- 4-Pin SOT143 Package
- Pin Compatible with MAX811/MAX812 and MAX6314/MAX6315
These devices perform a single function: they assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage declines below a preset threshold or whenever manual reset is asserted. Reset remains asserted for a preset timeout period after VCC has risen above the reset threshold or after manual reset is deasserted. The only difference among the three devices is their output. The MAX6804 (push/pull) and MAX6805 (open-drain) have an active-low RESET output, while the MAX6803 (push/pull) has an active-high RESET output. The MAX6803/MAX6804 are guaranteed to be in the correct state for VCC down to 0.7V. The MAX6805 is guaranteed to be in the correct state for VCC down to 1.0V.
The reset comparator in these ICs is designed to ignore fast transients on VCC. Reset thresholds are factory-trimmable between 2.63V and 4.80V, in approximately 100mV increments. These devices are available with a 1ms min, 20ms min, or 100ms min reset timeout period. Ideal for space-critical applications, the MAX6803/MAX6804/MAX6805 come packaged in a 4-pin SOT143. For a lower threshold voltage version, see the MAX6335/MAX6336/MAX6337.