|Reset Thresh. (V)||0 to 1.2 |
1.2 to 1.8
1.8 to 2.5
2.5 to 3.3
3.3 to 5.5
|Reset Out||Active Low |
|Interface||Factory Fixed |
|tRESET (min)||85ms to 300ms|
|Watchdog Feature||Input (WDI) |
|Watchdog Timeout||1s to 2s|
|Supervisor Features||Adjustable Reset Input |
|ICC (µA) (max)||25|
Price (See Notes)
- Small 8-Pin SOT23 Package
- Precision Monitoring of +5.0V, +3.3V, +3.0V, +2.5V Supply Voltages
- 140ms Reset Timeout Delay
- Power-Fail Input with Independent Output; Monitor Inputs Down to 0.62V (MAX6704—MAX6708)
- Dual Adjustable Reset Input for Triple-Voltage Monitoring (MAX6701(A)/MAX6702(A)/MAX6703(A))
- 1.6s Watchdog Timeout Period (MAX6701(A)—MAX6707(A))
- Independent Watchdog Output (MAX6701(A)/MAX6702(A)/MAX6703(A)/MAX6705(A)/MAX6706(A)/MAX6707(A))
- Manual Reset Input
- Four Reset Output Stage Options
- Active Low Push-Pull (MAX6701(A), MAX6705(A))
- Active Low Open Drain (MAX6703(A), MAX6707(A))
- Active High Push-Pull (MAX6702(A), MAX6706(A))
- Dual Active Low/High Push-Pull (MAX6704, MAX6708)
- Guaranteed Reset Valid to VCC = 1V
- Immune to Short Falling VCC Transients
- Low Cost, Few External Components
The MAX6701—MAX6708 family provides four functions: a reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions; an independent watchdog output that goes low if the watchdog input has not been toggled within 1.6s; a 0.62V threshold detector for power-fail warning; and an active-low manual reset input.
The MAX6701—MAX6708 family offers several pinout options to accommodate a variety of multivoltage microprocessor supervision applications.
The MAX6701(A)/MAX6702(A)/MAX6703(A) monitor three supply voltages (one fixed threshold and two adjustable) to drive a single reset output and include a manual reset input and a watchdog timer with an independent output. The MAX6704 monitors a single-supply voltage to drive complementary reset outputs and includes an independent adjustable power-fail-in/power-fail-out comparator, a manual reset input, and a reset-based watchdog timer. The MAX6705(A)/MAX6706(A)/MAX6707(A) monitor a single-supply voltage to drive a single reset output and include an independent adjustable power-fail-in/power-fail-out comparator, a manual reset input, and a watchdog timer with an independent output. The MAX6708 is the same as the MAX6704 but without the watchdog timer function.
See the Detailed Description for differences between non-A and A versions.