说明The DS1314 Nonvolatile Controller with Battery Monitor is a CMOS circuit which solves the application problem of converting CMOS RAM into nonvolatile memory. Incoming power is monitored for an out-of-tolerance condition. When such a condition is detected, chip enable is inhibited to accomplish write protection and the battery is switched on to supply the RAM with uninterrupted power. Special circuitry uses a low-leakage CMOS process which affords precise voltage detection at extremely low battery consumption.
In addition to battery-backup support, the DS1314 performs the important function of monitoring the remaining capacity of the lithium battery and providing a warning before the battery reaches end-of-life. Because the open-circuit voltage of a lithium backup battery remains relatively constant over the majority of its life, accurate battery monitoring requires loaded-battery voltage measurement. The DS1314 performs such measurement by periodically comparing the voltage of the battery as it supports an internal resistive load with a carefully selected reference voltage. If the battery voltage falls below the reference voltage under such conditions, the battery will soon reach end-of-life. As a result, the Battery Warning pin is activated to signal the need for battery replacement.
- Converts CMOS SRAM into nonvolatile memory
- Unconditionally write-protects SRAM when VCC is out of tolerance
- Automatically switches to battery backup supply when VCC power failure occurs
- Monitors voltage of a lithium cell and provides advanced warning of impending battery failure
- Signals low-battery condition on active low Battery Warning output signal
- Automatic VCC power-fail detection for 3.0V or 3.3V power supplies
- Space-saving 8-pin DIP and SOIC packages
- Optional 16-pin SOIC and 20-pin TSSOP versions reset processor when power failure occurs and hold processor in reset during system power-up
- Industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.