- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14914
- Configurable as a Digital Input or a High-Side or Push-Pull Digital Output
- Accurate Internal Current Limiter for Types 1, 2, and 3 Digital Inputs
- Support High-Side Current Up to 1.3A with External 24V Supply
- Adjustable Short-Circuit Current Limit
- Safe-Demagnetization for Safe Turn Off of Unlimited Inductance
- Works with USB2PMB1 Adapter and Munich GUI Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Proven PCB Layout
- RoHS Compliant
- Configurable Digital Input/Output
- Industrial Digital Outputs and Inputs Modules
- Motor Control
- Safety Systems
The MAX14914 peripheral module provides the hardware to evaluate the MAX14914 high-side/push-pull driver that operates as both an industrial digital output (DO) and an industrial digital input (DI). Refer to the MAX14914 IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.
The module can be used in various ways; Maxim sells a low-cost USB2PMB1 adapter board that uses the Munich GUI software for communication through a USB cable. This is not included with this board. Alternatively, any microcontroller or FPGA with a 12-pin Pmod™-compatible connector can be used, but the user needs to adapt the signalling because this is not a standard SPI port. Another option for the user is to wire-wrap a temporary connection from their system to the pins on connector X1.