MAX8874R, MAX8874S, MAX8874T
The MAX8873T/S/R and MAX8874T/S/R low-dropout linear regulators operate from a +2.5V to +6.5V input range and deliver up to 120mA. A PMOS pass transistor allows the low, 82µA supply current to remain independent of load, making these devices ideal for battery-operated portable equipment such as cellular phones and cordless phones.
The devices feature Dual Mode™ operation: their output voltage is preset (at 3.15V for the T versions, 2.84V for the S versions, or 2.80V for the R versions) or can be adjusted with an external resistor divider. Total error on the output is ±3.5%. Output voltages are set on the low side of popular ranges so that power drain is minimized for longer battery life. Other features include low-power shutdown, short-circuit protection, thermal shutdown protection, and reverse battery protection. The MAX8874 also includes an auto-discharge function, which actively discharges the output voltage to ground when the device is placed in shutdown mode. Both devices come in a miniature 5-pin SOT23 package.
For dual versions, refer to the MAX8865/MAX8866 data sheet. For low-noise versions with 30µVRMS output noise, refer to the MAX8877/MAX8878.
- LP2980 Pin-Compatible SOT23 Package
- Low, 55mV Dropout Voltage at 50mA IOUT (130mV at 120mA)
- Low, 73µA No-Load Supply Current
- Low, 82µA Operating Supply Current (even in dropout)
- Miniature External Components
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Output Current Limit
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Dual Mode Operation: Fixed or Adjustable (1.25V to 6.5V) Output
- Low-Power Shutdown
- Enables System Designers to Meet Stringent Module Requirements for 100μA Quiescent Current
- Tiny Output Capacitors Reduce Board Space and BOM Cost
- Accurate Active-Low RESET Output with Adjustable Delay Eliminates Need for Separate Reset IC