- 5V to 36V Input Supply Range
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Full-Wave Rectified Output
- Configurable for a Voltage Doubler, Full-Wave, and Half-Wave Rectifier
- Internal or External Clock Operation Option
- Designed for 1500VRMS Isolation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Isolated Motor Drive Gate Power Supply
- Isolated +24V PLC Field Supply
The MAX22258 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that contains the MAX22258, a 15W isolated H-bridge DC-DC converter. The EV kit operates from an 5V to 36V DC power source and the on-board 1:1 turns-ratio transformer from Wurth sets the output voltage, operating up to a 1A current limit.
The EV kit provides greater than 90% overall efficiency at +24V between 2.2W and up to 8.3W output power using an H-bridge DC-DC converter topology. The MAX22258 EV kit operates in LLC mode by default. Input-ripple current and radiated noise are minimized by the inherent balanced nature of the design with no interruption in the input current. The transformer provides galvanic isolation with the output powered from a full-wave rectifier circuit, reducing the output-voltage ripple.
The EV kit circuit is configured as a full-wave rectifier, with an output voltage that follows the input voltage but is configurable for other topologies.