- 5V to 36V Input Supply Range
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Full-Wave Rectified Output
- Configurable for a Voltage Doubler, Full-Wave, and Half-Wave Rectifier
- Internal or External Clock Operation Option
- Designed for 1500VRMS Isolation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Isolated Motor Drive Gate Power Supply
- Isolated +24V PLC Field Supply
The MAX22256 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that contains the MAX22256, a 15W isolated H-bridge DC-DC converter. The EV kit operates from a 5V to 36V DC power source and the onboard 1:1 turns-ratio transformer from Wurth sets the output voltage, operating up to a 1A current limit.
The EV kit provides greater than 90% overall efficiency at +24V between 2.2W and up to 8.3W output power using an H-bridge DC-DC converter topology. The MAX22256 EV kit operates in pulse width modulation (PWM) mode, by default. The transformer provides galvanic isolation with the output powered from a full-wave rectifier circuit, reducing the output-voltage ripple.
The EV kit circuit is configured as a full-wave rectifier with an output voltage that follows the input voltage, but is configurable for other topologies.
The EV kit comes with the MAX22256B installed but can be used to evaluate any version of the MAX22256 (MAX22256A, MAX22256B, and MAX22256C).