- 5-Pin SOT23-5 Package
- 95% Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- Inverts Input Supply Voltage
- 60µA Quiescent Current (MAX828)
- +1.5V to +5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Requires Only Two Capacitors
- 25mA Output Current
The MAX828/MAX829 combine low quiescent current and high efficiency. Oscillator control circuitry and four power MOSFET switches are included on-chip. Applications include generating a -5V supply from a +5V logic supply to power analog circuitry. Both parts come in a 5-pin SOT23-5 package and can deliver 25mA with a voltage drop of 500mV.
For a similar device with logic-controlled shutdown, refer to the MAX1719/MAX1720/MAX1721. For applications requiring more power, the MAX860 delivers up to 50mA with a voltage drop of 600mV, in a space-saving µMAX® package.