- 0.5% Internal Reference for Li-Ion Charging
- Regulates Voltage and Current into Battery
- Selectable 1 or 2-Cell Li-Ion Charge
- 1%, 3.3V, On-Chip, Low-Dropout Linear Regulator
- 1µA Max Battery Drain when Off
- Power-Good Function
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX846A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a stand-alone charger for lithium-ion (Li-Ion) batteries. The charging regulator consists of voltage and current loops driving an external, low-cost, PNP pass transistor. In voltage-regulation mode, a current-to-voltage converter supplies a voltage proportional to the current flowing through the Li-Ion battery. The float voltage and charging current can be programmed with just two external resistors. The MAX846A EV kit is shipped configured for charging two Li-Ion cells at 800mA from a 10V power source.
The MAX846A EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed circuit board.