- Enables Charging from a Micro-B USB Connector
- USB Enumeration without Host-Processor Intervention
- Automatic Detection of Adapter Type or USB Port
- Dual-Speed USB Operation (Full Speed or Low Speed)
- Input Overvoltage Protection to 16V
- Smart Power Selector
- Automatic Current Sharing Between Battery Charging and System
- Operates with Discharged or No Battery
- LED Indicators
- NTC Monitoring of Battery Temperature
- JEITA-Compliant Charging Profile
- Thermal-Charge Regulation Prevents the IC from Overheating
The MAX77301 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB for evaluating the MAX77301 dual-path lithium-ion (Li+) battery charger with USB enumeration and automatic adapter-type detection features. The EV kit is powered from a USB port or dedicated charger with automatic detection of adapter type and USB enumeration capability.
The IC features a Smart Power Selector™ feature that makes the best use of limited USB or adapter power. Battery charge current is set independent of the inputcurrent limit. Power not used by the system charges the battery. This allows the application to operate without a battery, discharged battery, or dead battery. Automatic input selection switches the system between battery, battery assist, and external power modes.
The EV kit provides LED indicators for adapter-type detection (active-low UOK), external power-on (active-low EXT_PWRON), charging status (active-low CHG_STAT), external power-source current capability (CHG_TYPE), and interrupts (active-low IRQ). The EV kit also features an NTC thermistor for thermal protection and JEITA-compliant* charging.
The EV kit is configured for full-speed USB by default, but can be configured for low-speed USB by removing the crystal oscillator and adjusting jumper default settings.