说明The MAX1758 is a switch-mode lithium-ion (Li+) battery charger that charges one-to-four cells. It provides a regulated charging current accurate to ±10% and a regulated voltage with only a ±0.8% total voltage error at the battery terminals. The internal high-side switch delivers a programmable current of up to 1.5A to charge the battery. The built-in safety timer automatically terminates charging once the adjustable time limit has been reached.
The MAX1758 regulates the voltage set point and charging current using two loops that work together to transition smoothly between voltage and current regulation. An additional control loop monitors the total current drawn from the input source (charging + system), and automatically reduces battery-charging current, preventing overload of the input supply and allowing the use of a low-cost wall adapter.
The per-cell battery regulation voltage is set between 4.0V and 4.4V using standard 1% resistors. The number of cells is set from 1-to-4 by pin strapping. Battery temperature is monitored by an external thermistor to prevent charging outside the acceptable temperature range.
The MAX1758 is available in a space-saving 28-pin SSOP package. Use the MAX1758EVKIT to help reduce design time. For a stand-alone charger with a 14V switch, refer to the MAX1757 data sheet. For a charger controller capable of up to 4A charging current, refer to the MAX1737 data sheet.
- Stand-Alone Charger for Up to 4 Li+ Batteries
- ±0.8% Battery Regulation Voltage Accuracy
- Low-Dropout 98% Duty Cycle
- Safely Precharges Near-Dead Cells
- Continuous Voltage and Temperature Monitoring
- 0.1µA Shutdown Battery Current
- Input Voltage Up to 28V
- Up to 1.5A Programmable Charge Current
- Safety Timer Prevents Overcharging
- Input Current Limiting
- Space-Saving 28-Pin SSOP
- 300kHz PWM Oscillator Reduces Noise
- Low Power Consumption
- Delivers USB Compliance and Flexibility
- Simplifies Complex System Designs
- Optimized Feature Set for Supercapacitor Charging
- Reliable Operation in Adverse Environmental Conditions
- Up to 16V Protection
- 13.7V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
- 3.15A Maximum Charging Current
- 3.5V to 23V Input Operating Range, 30VDC Withstand Voltage
- Reverse Leakage Protection
- 50mA to 3.15A Programmable Input Current Limit
- Battery Health + Programmable Safety/Protection
- ModelGauge m5 EZ Algorithm
- Precision Measurement Without Calibration