MAX1508, MAX1508Y, MAX1508Z
线性Li+电池充电器，带有集成调整FET、热调节和ACOK，3mm x 3mm TDFN封装
说明The MAX1508 is an intelligent, stand-alone constant-current, constant-voltage (CCCV), thermally regulated linear charger for a single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) battery. The MAX1508 integrates the current-sense circuit, MOS pass element, and thermal-regulation circuitry, and also eliminates the reverse-blocking Schottky diode, to create the simplest and smallest charging solution for hand-held equipment.
The MAX1508 functions as a stand-alone charger to control the charging sequence from the prequalification state through fast-charge, top-off charge, and full-charge indication. The MAX1508Y and MAX1508Z eliminate the prequalification state to allow startup into a load without a battery.
Proprietary thermal-regulation circuitry limits the die temperature to +100°C when fast charging or while exposed to high ambient temperatures, allowing maximum charging current without damaging the IC.
The MAX1508 achieves high flexibility by providing an adjustable fast-charge current by an external resistor. Other features include the charging status (active-low CHG) of the battery, an active-low control input (active-low EN) for the MAX1508 and MAX1508Z (active-high control input for the MAX1508Y), and an active-low input power-source detection output (active-low ACOK).
The MAX1508 accepts a +4.25V to +13V supply, but disables charging when the input voltage exceeds +7V to protect against unqualified or faulty AC adapters. The MAX1508 operates over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) and is available in a compact 8-pin thermally enhanced 3mm x 3mm thin DFN package with 0.8mm height.
- Stand-Alone Linear 1-Cell Li+ Battery Charger
- No External FET, Reverse-Blocking Diode, or Current-Sense Resistor Required
- Programmable Fast-Charge Current (0.8A max)
- Proprietary Die-Temperature Regulation Control (+100°C)
- +4.25V to +13V Input Voltage Range with Input Overvoltage Protection (OVP) Above +7V
- Charge-Current Monitor for Fuel Gauging
- Low Dropout Voltage—130mV at 0.425A
- Input Power-Source Detection Output (Active-Low ACOK)
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- No Prequalification State for the MAX1508Y and MAX1508Z
- Charge Status Output (Active-Low CHG) for LED or Microprocessor Interface
- Small 3mm x 3mm 8-Pin Thin DFN Package, 0.8mm High
- Active-Low Charge Enable (Active-Low EN) (MAX1508 and MAX1508Z)
- Active-High Charge Enable (EN) (MAX1508Y)
- Low Power Consumption
- Delivers USB Compliance and Flexibility
- Simplifies Complex System Designs
- Optimized Feature Set for Supercapacitor Charging
- Reliable Operation in Adverse Environmental Conditions
- Up to 16V Protection
- 13.7V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
- 3.15A Maximum Charging Current
- 3.5V to 23V Input Operating Range, 30VDC Withstand Voltage
- Reverse Leakage Protection
- 50mA to 3.15A Programmable Input Current Limit
- Battery Health + Programmable Safety/Protection
- ModelGauge m5 EZ Algorithm
- Precision Measurement Without Calibration