- Provides Simple Expandability for the MAX1800 and MAX1802 Master Converters
- Operates in Step-Up, SEPIC, and Flyback Topologies
- 100kHz to 1MHz Adjustable Operating Frequency
- Duty-Cycle Limit Adjustable from 40% to 90%
- Short-Circuit Protection
- 0.01µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- Tiny 8-Pin SOT23 Package
The MAX1801 drives an external N-channel MOSFET and can be used in step-up, single-ended primary inductance converter (SEPIC), and flyback topologies. If extra supplies are required for a new design, slave controllers can be added to an existing master circuit with minimal redesign, saving both cost and time. The MAX1801 features a built-in soft-start, short-circuit protection, and an adjustable duty-cycle limit.
The MAX1801 is available in a space-saving 8-pin SOT23 package. Separate evaluation kits combining the MAX1800/MAX1801 (MAX1800EVKIT) and MAX1802/MAX1801 (MAX1802EVKIT) are available to expedite designs.