- 80V (abs max) for Handling Large System Transients
- 96-Cell, Hot-Plug Guaranteed Performance for Fast Pack Assembly
- Cell-Reversal Tolerant to Support Fuel Cell Systems
- ASIL and OBD II Enabling Detection Modes
- Extensive Pin and Block FMEA-Detection Capability
- Automotive-Hardened SMBus Ladder Performance
- Support for Sampling full cell stack, 100x per Second
- World-Class Accuracy: 0.1% Cell-Reading Error
- Selectable High-Resolution Mode
- Matching Current Consumption of ±10% from IC to IC
- Separate External Cell Balancing Controls Allow Accurate Cell Measurement While Balancing
- Mature Mixed-Signal Process
- 100% Wafer Sort with SBL
- PAT Screening at Package Test
The industry's first 80V-tolerant 12-cell device, the MAX17830 has been put through rigorous testing to ensure operation under the most hostile of EMC/EMI environments. The robust SMBus ladder daisy chain supports cable lengths of up to 2m and passes tough industry compliance testing. Cell-reversal capability and 96-cell hot-plug performance make pack assembly easy for high-cell-count systems.
A host of ASIL-enabling features makes safety assessment of pack operation simple and straightforward for any host microcontroller.