- Charges Any Battery Chemistry: Li+, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid, etc.
- SMBus 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Compliant with Duracell/Intel Smart Battery Charger Specification Rev. 1.0
- 4A, 3A, or 1A (max) Battery Charge Current
- 5-Bit Control of Charge Current
- Up to 18.4V Battery Voltage
- 11-Bit Control of Voltage
- ±1% Voltage Accuracy
- Up to +28V Input Voltage
- Battery Thermistor Fail-Safe Protection
- Greater than 95% Efficiency
- Synchronous Rectifier
In addition to the feature set required for a Level 2 charger, the MAX1667 generates interrupts to signal the host when power is applied to the charger or when a battery is installed or removed. Additional status bits allow the host to check whether the charger has enough input voltage, and whether the voltage on or current into the battery is being regulated. This allows the host to determine when lithium-ion (Li+) batteries have completed the charge without interrogating the battery.
The MAX1667 is available in a 20-pin SSOP with a 2mm profile height.