ChipDNA Secure Arm Cortex M4 Microcontroller
ChipDNA Secure Microcontroller with Secure Boot for IoT Applications
说明DeepCover® embedded security solutions cloak sensitive data under multiple layers of advanced physical security to provide the most secure key storage possible.
The DeepCover secure microcontroller MAX32520 provides an interoperable, secure, and cost-effective solution to build new generations of trusted embedded systems and communication devices such as IoT, IoT gateways, and wireless access points.
The MAX32520 incorporates Maxim's patented ChipDNA™ PUF technology. ChipDNA technology involves a physically unclonable function (PUF) that enables cost-effective protection against invasive physical attacks. Using the random variation of semiconductor device characteristics that naturally occur during wafer fabrication, the ChipDNA circuit generates a unique output value that is repeatable over time, temperature, and operating voltage. Attempts to probe or observe ChipDNA operation modifies the underlying circuit characteristics, preventing discovery of the unique value used by the chip cryptographic functions. The MAX32520 utilizes the ChipDNA output as key content to cryptographically secure all device stored data including user firmware. User firmware encryption provides ultimate software IP protection. The ChipDNA can also generate a private key for the ECDSA signing operation.
The MAX32520 integrates an Arm® Cortex® -M4 processor, 2MB of Flash, 136KB of system RAM + 34KB ECC, 8KB of one-time-programmable (OTP) memory and 128KB of boot ROM.
The MAX32520 provides a FIPS/NIST compliant TRNG, environmental and tamper detection circuitry to facilitate system-level security.
Multiple high-speed interfaces are supported including SPI, UART, and an I²C. The four on-chip timers also support PWM output generation for direct control of external devices. One of the SPI ports has a serial flash emulation mode allowing direct code fetching enabling secure boot for a host microcontroller.
- High-Efficiency Microcontroller for Secure Element IoT
- Arm Cortex-M4F with FPU Up to 120MHz
- 16KB Unified Code Cache
- 2MB PUF Encrypted Flash Memory with Cache Provides Ultimate Firmware IP Protection
- Low Latency On-the-Fly Decryption of Flash Execution
- 136KB SRAM + 34KB ECC
- 8KB User-Programmable OTP
- Secure Element
- PUF-Based Keys
- For Internal Flash Encryption
- For Strong Device Authentication
- Secure Boot Loader with Public Key Authentication and Serial Flash Emulation
- AES, SHA, and ECDSA Accelerators
- Hardware True Random Number Generator
- SP800-90B Compliant Entropy Source
- SP800-90A Compliant DRBG
- Die Shield
- Temperature and Voltage Tamper Monitor
- External Tamper Sensor with Random Dynamic Pattern
- PUF-Based Keys
- Power Management Maximizes Operating Time for Battery Applications
- Single 3.3V/2.5V/1.8V Supply
- Down to 3.2μA Backup Mode
- 15μs Wake-Up Time from Standby Mode
- Clock Gating, Power Gating, Registers, and Memory Retention Modes
- Multiple Peripherals for System Control
- One UART
- One I²C Interface
- Four Timers with PWM Capability
- Up to 27 General-Purpose I/O Pins with Selectable Output Driver Strength
- 4-Channel DMA Controller
- 4-Pin JTAG
|Part Number||MCU Core||Core Clock Speed|
|Data Processing||Internal Flash|
|UARTs||SPI Bus||I2C Bus||GPIO Pins||Timer Features||Package/Pins||Budgetary|
|MAX32520||ARM Cortex-M4F||120||32-bit||2048||170||1||1||1 Master/Slave||27|
- High-Efficiency Microcontroller for Low Power, High Reliability Devices
- Flexible Clocking Schemes
- Power Management Maximizes Uptime for Battery Applications