Automotive Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Protectors
Industry-Leading Overvoltage and ESD Protection for Automotive USB
说明The MAX20042F, MAX20043F, and MAX20044F devices provide high ESD and short-circuit protection for the low-voltage internal USB data and USB power line in automotive radio, navigation, connectivity, and USB hub applications. The devices support USB Hi-Speed (480Mbps), USB full-speed (12Mbps), and USB low-speed (1.5Mbps) operation, as well as USB on-the-go (OTG) functionality.
The short-circuit protection features include short-to-battery on the protected HVBUS, HVD+, and HVD- outputs, as well as short-to-HVBUS on the protected HVD+ and HVD- outputs. The devices are capable of a short-to-battery condition of up to +18V. Short-to-GND protection and overcurrent protection are also provided on the protected HVBUS output to protect the internal BUS power rail from an overcurrent fault.
The devices feature high ESD protection to ±15kV Air Gap and ±8kV Contact on the protected HVBUS, HVD+, and HVD- outputs.
The devices feature a low on-resistance (RON), 90mΩ (max) USB power switch, and two low on-resistance (RON), 4Ω (typ) USB 2.0 data switches. These devices also feature an enable input, a fault output, a 10ms fault-recovery time, a 1ms overcurrent blanking time, and an integrated overcurrent autoretry.
The MAX20042F, MAX20043F, and MAX20044F are available in a lead-free, 16-pin QSOP package and operate over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Accurate Bus Current Limiting with Minimal Voltage Drop
- Low RON 90mΩ (max) USB Power Switch
- 0.65A (typ), MAX20042F
- 1.0A (typ), MAX20043F
- 1.3A (typ), MAX20044F
- Targeted Features for Optimized USB Performance
- Two RON 4Ω (typ) USB 2.0 Data Switches
- 480Mbps or 12Mbps USB 2.0 Operation
- 10ms Fault-Recovery Time
- 1ms Overcurrent Blanking Time
- 5.67V (typ) Fixed HVBUS Protection Trip Threshold
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-GND Protection on Protected HVBUS Output
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-BUS Protection on Protected HVD+ and HVD- Outputs
- Tested to ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Standards
- 16-Pin (3.90mm × 4.94mm) QSOP Package
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
|Part Number||USB||Power Switches||Current Limit|
|Fault Indicator||Current Limit Accuracy|
|Current Limit Set By||Lowest Adj. Setting|
|MAX20042F||Yes||1||650||650||Yes||12.5||Preset||0.65||0.051||4.75||5.5||-40 to +105|
- Meets Stringent Automotive Quality and Reliability Requirements
- Efficient Solution in a Small Solutions Size
- Low Quiescent Current Helps Designers Meet Stringent OEM Current Requirements
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection