Evaluation Kit for the MAX20037
The MAX20037 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20037 automotive high-current step-down DC-DC converter with USB protection/host charger adapter emulation.
The IC features integrated host-charger port detection circuitry adhering to the USB-IF BC1.2 battery charging specification, Apple® iPod®/iPhone®/iPad® and Samsung® charge-detection termination resistors, and Chinese Telecommunication Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009.
The IC integrates high-side current-sensing and voltage adjustment circuitry that provides automatic USB voltage adjustment to compensate for voltage drops in captive cables associated with automotive applications.
The high-efficiency, step-down, synchronous, DC-DC converter operates from a voltage up to 28V and is protected from load-dump transients up to 40V. The converter is programmable for frequencies from 275kHz to 2.2MHz and can deliver 3A of continuous current at 105°C.
The EV kit is populated with an I2C-enabled MAX20037. The I2C interface allows for flexible configuration, detailed fault diagnostics, and access to the on-chip ADC that reports output voltage and current. The I2C features are easily accessed by using the Maxim command module (MINIQUSB) along with the provided example GUI.
The EV kit is configured for 2.2MHz operation, and the included 3m USB cable allows for demonstration of the cable-compensation capability of the IC. The EV kit comes with data-line tuning component pads populated with short circuits. Tuning components are usually not necessary for the low voltage, high-bandwidth data switches in MAX20037. Refer to Figure 17 in the MAX20037/MAX20038 IC data sheet for the MAX20037 untuned near-eye diagram.
- Configurable Charge-Detection Modes
- USB-IF BC1.2 CDP, DCP
- Apple 2.4A, 1.0A
- China YD/T1591-2009 Charging Specification
- Automatic USB Voltage Adjustment by Integrated DC-DC Converter (275kHz to 2.2MHz)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- One-Chip Type-C Solution Directly from Car Battery to Portable Device
- Optimal USB Charging and Communication for Portable Devices
- Low-Noise Features Prevent Interference with AM Band and Portable Devices
- Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Support and USB-PD Support
- Supports BC1.2 Legacy/Proprietary Charger Detection
- USB Type-C CC1/CC2保护开关
- 集成550mΩ VCONN FET，具有250mA过流保护
- USB 2.0 D+/D-保护开关，1GHz带宽