- Ultra-Low-Power Operation
- Data Transfer Rates up to 10Mbps
- MAX22420 with 2:0 Channel Configuration MAX22421 with 1:1 Channel Configuration
- SMA Connectors for Easy Connection to External Equipment
- Wide Power Supply Voltage Range from 1.71V to 5.5V
- Guaranteed up to 3kVRMS Isolation for the 60s
- -40° C to +125° C Temperature Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- 4-20mA Loop Process Control
- Battery Management
- Compact Micro PLC
- Parasitically Powered Applications
The MAX22420/MAX22421 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the MAX22420/1 and MAX22820/1, a family of reinforced, ultra-low-power, two-channel digital isolators in an 8-pin NSOIC or 8-pin WSOIC package, respectively. Two types of evaluation boards are available to support all variants in the family in both 1/1 and 2/0 configurations. The MAX22421BSEVKIT# is fully assembled and tested, and it comes populated with the MAX22421BASA+ (Figure 1). The MAX2242XSEVKIT# is a generic board that has U1 unpopulated, allowing the user to select a device from the MAX22420/MAX22421 family (Figure 2). Both the evaluation boards support the 8-pin NSOIC package type only. See Table 1 EV kit options.
The MAX22820/MAX22821 is functionally equivalent to the MAX22420/MAX22421 but in an 8-pin WSOIC package. The EV kits can be used to evaluate the functionality and electrical performance of the MAX22820/ MAX22821.
The EV kits should be powered from two independent isolated power supplies with nominal output voltage in the range of 1.71V to 5.5V. For evaluating the electrical parameters of the device without any isolation between the two sides, a single power supply can also be used.
The MAX2242XSEVKIT# comes with U1 unpopulated and supports the following digital isolators: MAX22420BASA+, MAX22420CASA+, MAX22420EASA+, MAX22420FASA+, MAX22421BASA+, MAX22421CASA+, MAX22421EASA+, and MAX22421FASA+.